How to Apply for the Fellowship
Fellows are selected on the basis of their previous academic achievement and the contribution they are likely to make as researchers, clinicians, and teachers to the field of bioethics.
Applications are being accepted for the 2020-2021 cohort. Please login to the application portal to start your application and see additional requirements below.
Fellows must have external salary support. The fellowship course fee is $10,000. Most fellows receive this support from sponsoring institutions. The Center provides an explanatory letter to applicants who would like help approaching their sponsoring institutions with such a request.
Required application materials:
- Completed online application.
- Current curriculum vitae.
- A statement of purpose describing the reasons for your interest in the fellowship, including any particular topics or questions you are most interested in exploring. This letter must be 750 words or fewer in length, and is an important opportunity for you to tell us about yourself, your interests, and your motivations in pursuing training in bioethics.
- Two letters of reference.
- A third letter from a supervisor or key senior staff person demonstrating institutional support for the your involvement in the HMS Fellowship. This letter should also highlight likely opportunities you will have to contribute to bioethics at your home institution upon completion of the program.
Questions? Please contact Amanda Chieco at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617.432.5975.