How to Apply for the Fellowship
Fellows are selected on the basis of their previous academic achievement and the contribution they are likely to make as researchers, clinicians, and teachers to the field of bioethics.
The application for the 2022-2023 cohort is now open. The application requirements are listed in the portal, as well as below.
Application submission deadline: April 1, 2022
Fellows must have external salary support. The fellowship course fee is $10,000. Most fellows receive this support from their sponsoring institutions. The Center provides an explanatory letter to applicants who would like help approaching their sponsoring institutions with such a request. This letter can be found in the application portal.
Required application materials:
- Completed online application.
- Current curriculum vitae.
- A statement of purpose describing the reasons for your interest in the fellowship, including any particular topics or questions you are most interested in exploring. This letter must be 750 words or fewer in length, and is an important opportunity for you to tell us about yourself, your interests, and your motivations in pursuing training in bioethics.
- Two letters of reference.
- A third letter from a supervisor or key senior staff person demonstrating institutional support for the your involvement in the HMS Fellowship. This letter should also highlight likely opportunities you will have to contribute to bioethics at your home institution upon completion of the program. This letter does not require that your institution will be supporting you financially, but do support your participation and commitment to the program.
Questions? Please contact Bridget Dooney at email@example.com or call 617.432.5975.